Flow Components has the ability to use a Lightning Component to launch a Flow through the click of a button. Launching a Flow through a button prevents the Flow from auto running when a record is loaded.
Using Lightning App Builder, you can find the Run Flow Button Lightning Component in the Custom – Managed Components section.
Once you drag it and drop it onto the page, you’ll be able to configure the component. The parts that you can configure are:
- Button Label
- This is what will display to the User as the button
- Flow Name
- This is the API name of the Flow
- This is optional. If you want to display a title to the Lightning Component card background, you can enter the text here.
- Reload Flow When Record Refreshes
- If this is checked, if the Flow has started and the Record has been updated after, it will refresh the Flow to start again.
- Reload Button When Flow Finishes
- If this is checked, when the Flow finishes, instead of staying on the default screen that lets the user know the Flow finished, it will reload the button to allow a User to start again.
- Refresh Record When Flow Finishes
- If this is checked, after the Flow finishes, the record will refresh and will display any updated information as a result of the Flow.